DIY {christmas gifts}

Here are a few of the projects I have been working on.
Both of these ideas came from Ashley Ann’s blog.
It is one of my favorites.
You should definitely check it out.
Candy Caddy

Ashley made one of these for her husband when they were remodeling their kitchen.  I adapted the idea to give as Christmas gifts.  Each bottle in the caddy had a verse about joy on it.
I also made a few individual bottles to give out as gifts.  A candy caddy would be great gift for so many things.  You can find the directions here.
Clothes Pin Magnets

This was the best part.  My sweet husband helped me glue on the magnets so that I wouldn’t have to inhale all the fumes.  That was really nice of him because he HATES crafts.  Apparently the magnets I bought were a little too strong because they kept all sticking together while he was trying to glue them on.  I tried to help, but I think I made things worse.  So, I just stood back and laughed as he yelled at the magnets.  I am sure he really appreciated that!
I was going to stamp on the cardboard (like Ashley did), but couldn’t find my alphabet stamps.  So, I just printed off the same label I used on the candy caddy.  Another cheap and easy Christmas gift!  You can find the directions for the clothes pin magnets here.

Oh, and I made some little clothes pins too.  I used these ones to hang up all my Christmas cards.

I had a few questions about some of the other projects from our craft retreat.
You can find the directions for the photo tile coasters here.
And most of the girls were using blurb for their blog books.  I have never made one, but it is on my list of things to try!
Happy crafting!
Back to Top|Tweet this Post|Share on Facebook|Pin This|Contact Me
  • December 22, 2009 - 12:43 am

anna - how fun! i love all the projects!
    and i had to comment because in the last picture, i know the family! crazy!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:44 am

Erica - seriously you and joel are so cute together! i love how he helped you with the project and i can just imagine him yelling at the magnets- my husband would do something similar i think! ;) and what great ideas for presents!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:58 am

Miss G - oh really, REALLY cute and really makes me want some m&ms! KellyReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 1:08 am

Steve - This Christmas.. get something magnificent for your female counterpart..

• December 22, 2009 - 6:19 am

L ~ S - I am imppressed! Those are some great ideas…I will try some next year!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:11 am

Tricia - Such cute projects! I love the soda bottles with the m & m’s. What fun, and what a sweet hubby for helping. (I think it secretly made him happy. What do you think?! ;)

Merry Christmas, Macs.

With love and prayers,
    XO*TriciaReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:20 am

Robin in Benton - Definitely stealing some of these ideas for next year! How fun!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:27 am

Lauren Kelly - How fun and so creative!!!!!! :)ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:38 am

Kristi - You are so creative!! These projects are adorable :).ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:46 am

Ashley Ann - Yeah! I am so glad you made those. Your projects turned out super cute. I love what you did with the candy caddies. This was so fun for me to see, thanks for posting it!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:55 am

Anonymous - Awesome ideas! What kind of paper did you use on the caddy? Thanks for the ideas.

Always praying,

Valerie P
    bpfeifer32@hotmail.comReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:56 am

jen christians - So fun… and a wonderful way to share the season!… I think that we would have to plan in advance so we could drink all that soda!!! Thanks for the wonderful ideas. You have such an amazing artistic eye!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 9:58 am

PamperingBeki - So cute!

I saw those bottles on another blog last year and loved them.

Joel is one good man to help you with your crafting! Josh has had to do a lot of jewelry making lately and he doesn’t love it. ;-) But it’s necessary sometimes.ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 10:24 am

Christina - love it! love it! love it!

I wish I had seen the clothespin one earlier…I have my cards hanging like your picture…but with paper clips. :(ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 11:36 am

meg duerksen - wow! i think…i may hava project to do today. :)
    you make them look SO GOOD! i love it. i’m gonna link you…it’s too cute!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:11 pm

Heather at All A Flutter - Everything looks so bright and cheery! I love Ashley Ann’s site, too. It’s a daily read for me :)
    Merry Christmas!!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:14 pm

Aja - WOW these are adorable! You are so crafty! I know it’s too late for me to make these for Christmas, but the I will totally have to try this out for some other fun event or party!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:16 pm

Tsquared417 - Great ideas!! I will bookmark this for next year…which will be here before we know it! :) Hope you’re doing well…countdown is on!!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:35 pm

Micah - I wish I was your “friend” ;) These are too, too cute. Too late for this holiday, but I’m totally doing these for V-day!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:36 pm

Holly - I love the bottle idea!! Awesome! And that’s really neat to hang up all the cards like thatReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 12:46 pm

Ryan, Christy, Addyson, & Braden - You are so crafty – I am very envious!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we’re praying that God will give you and Joel joy in the midst of what has to be a very tough week. Joy in all the little things like Baby Mac’s kicks (which probably aren’t too little by now :)) and laughing together over crafty projects. And praying for Baby Mac’s safe arrival!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 1:54 pm

Corinne Doughan - FUN!! Thanks so much for posting this!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 2:20 pm

Celine - What fantastic ideas! I wish I was crafty like that. I don’t have a crafty bone in my body. Maybe I will try to step out of the box next year and try some of these ideas. Thanks for sharing! Wishing you a wonderful, blessed Christmas!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 2:32 pm

Amber - Super cute ideas! They turned out so fun. Thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 2:46 pm

Walquist - how crafty are you!! can’t wait to see you in only a week! Love to you & the fam!ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 4:50 pm

Anonymous - DIY Christmas gift…=Baby Mac

I know you’ve said the New Year, but I just have a feeling and can’t wait to read the announcement.ReplyCancel

• December 22, 2009 - 6:04 pm

Polka Dot Moon - Wonderful gift ideas!

We think of you often and can’t wait to hear about the arrival of Baby Mac!

Merry Christmas!
    DeniseReplyCancel

• December 23, 2009 - 12:00 am

Dawn - I looove what you did with your Christmas cards! I have a basket full on my floor — but it just doesn’t seem right — since there are so many cute pictures in there. I think I’ll be making some clothes pins tomorrow! Who cares if Christmas is here in a few days. I can be lazy and just swap out the Christmas cards with Valentine’s in February! :)
    Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!ReplyCancel

• December 23, 2009 - 12:40 pm

Kristi REDISKE - Wow-thanks for the great ideas-i am going to use some of these for sure. I can’t believe how many Christmas card pictures you get-those kind are my favorite-we have been doing those for 27 years now-that will tell you I am old-in fact a grandma-love it. I am still praying for your family!ReplyCancel

• December 23, 2009 - 9:33 pm

Mandi @ It's come to this - You are so creative!!! Those caddies turned out adorable! And the clothespins too!! Thanks for the ideas … I’ll definitely be stealing this one in the future:)ReplyCancel

• December 24, 2009 - 1:00 am

Anonymous - Thanks for sharing. I’d love to know if you made the Joy labels yourself and what program you made them in.

Thanks,
    PamReplyCancel

• December 24, 2009 - 12:01 pm

Nan - Hey!!! It’s Andi! I miss that girl! These are such cute gift ideas! I’m so not crafty. I admire those who are!ReplyCancel

• December 24, 2009 - 10:22 pm

Jon (dh) - I love those ideas. I might have to borrow them for next year. The trick will be to remember!…RachelReplyCancel

• January 3, 2010 - 6:07 pm

Tasha Roe - FANTASTIC Christmas gifts!! I plan on using those all year long! Thanks for the inspiring post!ReplyCancel

• August 23, 2010 - 12:49 am

gifts Philippines - Good that I found your blog it was so informative I will try doing this very creative. Keep posting!

vittonReplyCancel

• October 23, 2010 - 3:04 am

zafran - How fun and so creative!!!!!!ReplyCancel

• October 25, 2011 - 8:26 pm

Toni - Fun and creative ideas! Love it!ReplyCancel

• November 2, 2011 - 8:22 pm

Erika - I’m dropping in from pinterest. I LOVE the bottle caddy. Did you just reuse the lids?ReplyCancel

• January 5, 2012 - 11:53 pm

Anonymous - Hi, Do you remember where you got your magnets in bulk like that? I can’t seem to find them with more than 10 in a pack, locally. Thanks!ReplyCancel

• July 11, 2012 - 2:50 am

Hank hendricks - I am going to keep it in mind
    Send gifts to pakistan and will use it if i needed.ReplyCancel

• December 5, 2012 - 4:24 am

Regalos de navidad bonitos y baratos - Un Dulce Hogar - [...] 4. Botellas rellenas de dulces por The Macs. ¿Qué tal les parece esta idea? Además de estar dando un regalo a sus amigos o seres queridos, estarán reciclando las botellas de vidrio y creo que a nuestro planeta tierra no le caería nada mal un regalito así. [...]ReplyCancel

• December 16, 2012 - 1:48 pm

peke - ..ReplyCancel

• December 21, 2012 - 4:04 am

Last-minute: Leuke creatieve kerstcadeaus | - [...] Bron Snoepjes zijn altijd leuk om te geven! Zeker als het er zo gezellig uitziet als hierboven! Tegenwoordig kan je erg leuke 4 of 6packs kopen met drankjes, nodig een vriend uit om gezellig een drankje te komen drinken, en daarna kan je aan de slag! Versier het doosje, plak nieuwe labels op de flesjes en vul ze met (bijvoorbeeld) M&M’s. Super leuk! [...]ReplyCancel

• December 21, 2012 - 3:22 pm

Last Minute Hostess Gifts - Urbanity Studios Blog - [...] if you have some clothes pins and some cute gift wrap, make the hostess some good looking clips that she can use to hang Christmas cards (or whatever she [...]ReplyCancel

• December 23, 2013 - 11:44 am

Top 6 Christmas Presents below Rs.300! | Confetti - [...] You can learn to make them – here! [...]ReplyCancel

• September 5, 2014 - 4:36 pm

Easy Pinterest DIY Holiday Gift Ideas - Get The Skinny - Save Money with FatWallet - […] idea from The Macs (scroll down)(originally from Ashley Ann’s blog) makes an incredibly versatile gift for any […]ReplyCancel

[Reply]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *