This weekend I finished up a few more things on the blog. Not quite finished…but close. So, I thought I would take you on a little tour today.
1. If you are new to The Macs this is a good place to start. You can learn a little more about me. 🙂
2. I love talking about my daughter Cora and would love to tell you her story. I am hoping to add a few more links to this section…Cora’s memorial service, audio of me sharing Cora’s story, and maybe some resources that have been helpful to me as I have grieved. I’ll let you know when I update this section.
3. Don’t worry, it’s not just you…you can’t click on these buttons yet. I will slowly be working on the “favorites” and “faq” sections. Again, I’ll keep you updated.
4. If you need to contact me this is where you should click. I read every email, but unfortunately don’t have time to answer every one. My little boys come first! I would like to be better about responding to emails though…something I am working on. So, if you have emailed me in the past and I never responded feel free to try again…I’ll do my best to get back to you!
5. Click on this button to peek into my house. Actually, you will only get to peek in Levi’s room. 🙂 I will work on adding a few more room tours in the future.
6. Click on this button to see some of the parties we have had around here. We like to celebrate!
7. Click here to see some of my projects.
8. Check out my new social media buttons by Heather at Life Made Lovely. I am not on Twitter or Facebook but you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram. And now you can subscribe to The Macs and get my latest posts delivered right to your inbox by entering your email address in this box.
9. You can follow me on Instagram (@jessmcclenahan) or see my latest pictures right here on the sidebar.
10. My new logo was also created by the talented Heather at Life Made Lovely. My favorite part is the pink C for Cora. Love it. You can grab my button here.
11. There are a few new options at the end of each post. You can tweet the post, share it on Facebook, or pin it.
12. At the bottom of the blog you will find archives, a list of recent posts, and my disclosure statement. I do occasionally receive products from various companies and am a member of several affiliate programs just in case you are wondering. All opinions are my own and I only share products that I love myself. This allows me to giveaway things I love to you too. That is the fun part!
13. I am going to try something new and respond to comments directly in the comment box. So if you have a quick question go ahead and leave a comment and check back in a few days for my response. We will see how that goes!
14. If you are looking for something, try the search box at the bottom of the blog!
* * * * * * * * *
I decided to migrate my blog from Blogger to WordPress mainly because I was having so many problems with the comments (when over 200 were left on a post). I hired Joy at 5 J’s Design to do the blog migration and she was fabulous! She helped me get my WordPress account set up and then when I finished the blog design she did the migration that same day. She was so helpful and I highly recommend her!
I am self hosting through BlueHost and using the ProPhoto theme so I have a little more flexibility with doing some of the design work myself. It has taken me a little while to learn everything, but I think I am going to really like it.
And I already told you that Heather at Life Made Lovely designed my blog logo and social media buttons. She is awesome. Thanks Heather!
I also want to give credit to the awesome photographers who took my header pictures. Gina Dreher at Gina Dreher Photography (Cora’s 2 month pictures), Meg Duerksen (Cora’s 6 month pictures and the most recent pictures of the boys), and my friend Laura (the cute b&w picture of the boys). Thanks ladies! I cherish these pictures of my kiddos.
* * * * * * * * *
Wow. That was a lot of information. Let me know if something isn’t working or you have any suggestions…nice ones of course. 🙂 Is there something else you want to see? Also, don’t forget to enter the Canvas Press giveaway. Leave a comment in Friday’s post (not here!) to enter. Giveaway ends tonight.
Have a great week!