First, I have to say happy birthday to my sweet sister, Anne. She is seriously the best sister! And she got the best birthday present ever this year…her sweet baby, Max. 🙂
Happy Birthday, Anne!!
Okay, now a few links on this Monday…
1. You probably have already heard about this, but just in case…the sweet Lisa Leonard is going to have her own TV show called ‘Life by Design’. So awesome! It is about hope in the everyday. Love that. Make sure to check out the trailer if you haven’t already.
2. I posted a song a few weeks ago that I really liked. Here is another one:
Love the truth in this song. No matter what you are going through, even if God feels a million miles away…not for a moment will He forsake you. He is constant. He is only good. He is sovereign. I am so thankful that our God walks with us. I am wishing you could download The Song Sessions but I can only find these on the Vertical Church Band live CD?
3. The True Woman conference sessions are now available to listen to here. So if you are needing something to listen to while you wash dishes or fold the laundry (if you do that kind of thing?! :)) then check them out. I listened to the first Nancy Leigh Demoss session the other day (I was crafting…not doing laundry!) and it was so challenging. I can’t wait to work my way through the rest of them. And if you have been listening to something good lately, let me know too!
4. My small group started a marriage study this fall and at our last meeting me were talking about how selfishness creeps into our marriages so easily. I know I am very guilty of that. I began thinking of this idea of making my home a refuge for my husband and kids…and for anyone who walks through our door, really. I came across these two blog posts by Designs by Lulu and Julie at Joy’s Hope. They fit right in with what the Lord is impressing on my heart to work on. You should definitely read them too.
If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Philippians 2:1-4
5. Don’t forget to enter the Lucius Art giveaway. Giveaway ends tonight. Click here to enter.